Sunday, January 27, 2008

**27 Dresses & MY girl :)**

So yesterday Savannah is about to leave to go to spend the night with one of her best friends. As the girls walk out the door I tell them to have fun and ask them what they were about to go do. They both said they were on their way to see the movie 27 Dresses. I said: "Oh I can't WAIT to see that one!" (I love mushy type movies...go figure)

What happens next totally shocked me. BOTH girls say..."GO with us!" My ears were failing me..see I thought they said..."GO WITH US"....so I say "ummm what did you say?" They both giggle...Savannah says, "Mom come on, go with us or meet us there when it starts" Now while I was a bit giddy that my daughter invited me to the movies (ya know teenagers JUST don't do that, especially in the presence of friends) I told the girls, "oh you girls go have fun!" My hubby said to me, "Leslie when does she just invite you like that? You should totally go!" Soooo while thinking for about oh say....10 seconds, (lol) I call my sister and ask her if she's busy can she get away from her massive studying she's doing to go see a movie with Savannah & her friend. She was like "Oh yeah I'm on my way!!"

So we end up meeting the girls at the movie and had the best time!! I love that type of movie and if you do too...GO see it. I loved it. I see it's not getting that great of reviews but man it's cute, it's sort of predictable, it's just a perfect chick flick. I LOVE chick flicks :)
We ended the night at Chili's for a quick dinner and it was just a fun girl-filled evening.

I thought I'd share my mini book I made for Glitz. It's made with their new line coming out at CHA Winter...Urban Paradise. I had so much fun making it. I love all these various pics of Savannah and I've been wanting to do something with them for a while. That Basic Grey chipboard book was perfect and here's my creation.






























Thanks for checking it out!

Have a GRAND day!!

9 comments:

Amy Coose said...

That book is amazing, Les!!! I love each page more than the last!!! I loved 27 dresses, too, and I'm so glad you enjoyed a girls night out with your sweet giriie!!

Creative Creations said...

Fabulous Book - LOVE all the details and the colours ... simply adorable!!!

NancyJones said...

OHHHH I wanna see that movie I bet it was sooo good. I have heard alot of peeople say it was cute. Love the little book. I need that flamingo paper to use for Bellas plastic "pandingo" as she called it ROFL.She would carry it around like a doll. CRAZY kid.,

mrs "nemo" said...

I'm so glad that you went with the girls! I know it's probably not the same as having your own daughter asking you. But as an aunt(26) I love "hanging out" with my nieces (they're about 14/15) and the weirdest part is that they like hanging around me too! =0) Those are memories I will never forget and I hope that they cherish when they get older.

Danielle said...

That book is GORGEOUS! What a fun night out!

~Nancy~ said...

Ooww.. that's so sweet of her to invite you to go the movies with them!!!!!! Awwwww... such a great night out!!!

And... love your new Glitz creation.. that new paper looks awesome..and so does your mini-album... gorgeous pics too!!!!

Talk to you soon!!!
XOXO
Nancy

Susannah said...

Love your mini album! Love the look of the new blog and what a sweetie of a daughter you have to invite you on a girls night ;0)

Kristi Smith said...

Hi Leslie!!! What a fun and memorable time I am sure you had, love stories like that, it is something you will both remember. I really want to go see the movie too, maybe I can have a girl's night, I will have to steal someone else's daughter though;). Love the album, so cute.

amywelch said...

wow girl it looks awesome!!!!! you did a wonderful job!! Love everything about it!!!