Monday, April 21, 2008

Design X - Challenge #6 is UP!

and guess who's challenge it was this week? MINE!!

Here's my challenge:

Remember as a child the times you thought monsters were under your bed or in your closet?
What was a fear you had as a child? Do you still fear it today?


Here's my layout. NO laughing...clowns REALLY do spook me to DEATH!

Can you FEEL my fear? EEK!! I had to imagine these clowns as some old teachers so I could scrap them...I KID YOU NOT!!!!

Journaling: "They can be happy as can be. I will have NO part of them. Nope, not one. single grin, smirk, NOTHING! YUCK!! Since I can remember - clowns have always freaked me out. "Balloon for you?" NOPE - just move along. Let me run behind my mom's leg. I will NEVER like them. they make my skin crawl. No thanks...I'm ready to escape. GO!"



So do you still have any fears from your childhood? Scrap them!! Post a link to your layout in the comment section of the Design X blog. I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!

Have the most fabulous week ever!
Don't forget to say HI!

9 comments:

Gretchen said...

Your layout turned out goreous - especially for something that scares you. Amazing! I'm loving your blog by the way - stunning work!

Danielle said...

What a fabulous layout, girl!! You never cease to amaze me!!!
Dani

Susannah said...

great layout! I love the fact that you were able to put so much heart into something that scares you to death ;0)

Renee said...

I love this challenge! I still am going to do it to see if I can face my fear of spiders! EEk! but I totally relate to the clown thing. Stemmed from a child. Never thought clowns or mimes were right. There is just something creepy about the makeup, the acting, the creepiness of only seeing the eyes behind all the makeup...ooh, makes me shudder!! But I love this layout of yours and as always, your work is amazing and you inspire me each time I see your beautiful fun creations! You are awesome! renee lamb

Amy W. said...

fantastic challenge. terrific layout. i will have to think about doing this challenge. :)

have a creative day, girl!

Judy said...

Great idea for a layout but I don't know that I can get pass my fear of snakes to even work with pictures of them.

Lea L. said...

OMGosh....that freaks me out. I am not afraid of clowns per say, but they are not my favorite thing in the world either. You did an awesome job with it though...I love the scallops!

Have a happy Friday!
~Lea

Tina said...

I love how your layout turned out!!!! Clowns are freaky as all get out LOL!!!

SLUSH said...

The colors on the layout are incredible!!

Clowns scare the bejebes out of me too...have ever since Poltergeist...eeekkk!!

Great challenge!!