Monday, July 28, 2008

**Layouts, Vacation & fun news!**

I wanted to share a couple of layouts I did this week. The first one is for Create My Keepsake. It was my turn for the Monday Muse (<----click that link to check it out and play along!)
My challenge was to use felt in a fun & funky way. I decided to cut several different squares and cut some of the edges. I also used felt for my title and cut some of the Queen swirly border up and laid it on the squares. Here's what I came up with:

That's my cute boy - Shaypher on his 16th b-day. I was trying to decide what picture to scrap and I came across this one and immediately that song "Put A Smile On Your Face (make the world a better place)" by Vitamin C came to mind...hence my title :)
*******************************************************************************
And this layout is what I did for
Design X this week. Our challenge is from Amy and is:
"What in your home makes you happy? What do you look at and think really makes your home yours. Create a LO about these thing(s)."
My fave thing is my cross wall in our entry way...it's just so peaceful! :)



You should totally check out the challenge & play along! Link your layout in the comment section to be eligble to win a WAY cook kit from Bad Girls Kits . Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!! :) If you do play along - link your layout BACK here to MY blog and you could win a FABULOUSLY fun RAK from me! :) I love putting together kits myself and I will put one together for you! :) Remember...just link your layout to ME in my comment section and I'll pick a lucky winner when we get back from our vacation!
Which brings me to what I want to tell you next!

I'm so excited...we're leaving this coming Thursday for our vacation to Tennessee & North Carolina! YAY!! I can't WAIT! We reserved a van today for our trip and we'll be leaving Thursday afternoon for a fun family adventure! :) After our last adventure through the mountains and having to buy a new car (LONG story, LOL!) we decided to rent a van for our trip this time :) I'm so not in the mood to buy another car out of state, HA! We're coming home August 8th. :) I'm going to take my laptop but we might not have internet in some of the places we'll be. I'll try to update with pics as much as I can while we're away...if not I'll share when we get back!

********************

OHHH and now for my fun news. Scrapbook Trends requested a layout for their December issue! It's for their "FRIENDS" section and my layout is one I did for CMK using the July kit. It's a layout about Savannah & her best buddy Abbie :)


That's all for now...hope you have a GREAT week everyone!!
HUGS to you all!
Don't forget to say HI! :)

11 comments:

~Kim said...

Enjoy your vacation....and take lots of pictures so you can share with those of us that get to stay home all summer (boo!)!!!

I think you might should share the story about buying a new car while on vacation...it'll kind of be like therapy! : )

OH OH OH (ya know, Christmas in July)....I LOVE your cross wall....I have always wanted to hang several on a wall, but I just don't know which would be the best place. You might have just inspired me....WOO HOO!

OK, have a great family vacation!
~Kim

Danielle said...

oh, Leslie, I love your work! It always rocks! :) Have a fabulous vacation!!!!! Oh, and congrats on your pub!

Amy W. said...

yay on your layout that got picked up!!!! lovin' your creations....so very inspiring. :) can't wait to hear how fabulous your vacation is. ;)

TheShermanFam said...

Ok...let's see if I can remember everything :)
Your LOs totally rock...of course they do!!:D
I hope you have sooo much fun on your vaca...and that there are no car issues (?) I hope you can relax and enjoy your family.
AND HUGE congrats on your LO w/ PT! So excited for you!!!
Ok, I think that's it :D
Em

LoRi said...

Hey Leslie!! Have a wonderfully fun and safe vacation and congrats on the pub in December ST!! I didn't get in that one. My lucky streak with ST ran out at 4! Can't wait to see your layout. Big Hugs to you. xoxo

Lauren said...

Congrats! Love the LO's! and have fun on your vacay! I'm off to check out Design X! thanks for the inspiration.

scrappermimi said...

These LO's are just fab as usual! And congrats on the pub! Well deserved!

The Design Experiment said...

YOU ROCK! I love your layouts. and congrats on ST!!!!!

The Design Experiment said...

oh wait..that was me, kimmi i was logged in the design x!

Michelle StClair said...

Love your layouts for sure! And have fun on vaca.....ya know if you keep going east in NC, you will run right into me (outside of raleigh).....just sayin........

~Nancy~ said...

Hey there girlie! Enjoy your vacation!!!! (so jealous.. I'm soo in the mood to have vacation too.. haha) Love your new creations! Totally cooool! And YAY on the TOOT!! (not surprised at all!!) XOXO Nancy