Wednesday, September 10, 2008

**HE is HOME!**

One day I was playing with Potter and I said..."Come here little pitter patter, Potter".

It stuck. He's "Pitter Patter" Potter. I have no idea why - I like to rhyme things sometimes. That's the only explanation. That and I just think it's cute. Say it. It's really fun to say. Go ahead...now it's in your head and you'll be saying it all the time. ;)

He's home and boy are we all relieved he's here!!
He's resting right now. Right here next to me. We are both snuggling in my big chair with my computer on my lap and his little body right next to me. He's doing well.

I've taken some pics of him :) When you first look at him he looks no different. The swelling's gone down so much it just looks like his little mouth is closed. You'd have to see him yawn or hold his head up to see the damage. Well it's not damage anymore- it's his totally rebuilt chin. The doctor did an amazing job. AMAZING! ! Thank you Dr. Hill!!

He's on ALOT of medication. Many of you have asked what he's eating. He's having to eat soft cat food for 2 weeks. Well cat food and it has to be mixed with the soft dog food to make sure he gets the fats he needs to restore his energy and strength. He loves it. I've fed him once tonight (because they tried to tell me he LOVES his medicine with his syringe...umm yeah right. Not so much. SOOO I had to put it in his food so he'd lap it up)

I'm off to go snuggle closer with my brave little fur guy - but before I go I wanted to share my TDX layout with you:

We had to scrap our biggest fears. I've already done that with my fear of clowns (YUCK) so I went another route - my fear of "have I taught her everything she needs to know?"

Night everyone - thank you from the bottom of my heart. All our hearts.
Much love to you all -
~Me (and Potter)

13 comments:

Danielle said...

I am SOOO happy he is home!!!! I can just picture you two snuggling on the chair, sounds like a perfect evening!!! What an answer to prayer! welcome home little guy!!

just tanya. said...

So glad he's back home with you! I don't know what I'd do without my pups!! Have a great night!

Tammy said...

so happy to hear he is home, it sure shows you just how prayers can make a difference. Hope you both enjoyed your snuggle time.

Amy W. said...

yay!!!!!!!!!! i'm thankful to hear your good news. take care! ;)

Renee Lamb said...

Give PPP a big kiss for me! so glad he's home safe and sound in the loving arms of his mama. That should make his recovery faster. IMO. and LOVE your take on the TDX challenge this week. So heartfelt and as always truly amazing. You are a fabulous lady beyond words and measure my friend.

Norma Kennedy said...

Oh Leslie it just broke my heart when I read your post about your dear Potter. I am so happy for you and your family that he is doing better. I also gotta tell you that you ROCKED your DD layout. Its stunning and I must agree thhose my fears as well. (((Hugs)))

Nicole said...

Glad Potter is home and working on getting better! That LO is beautiful. What a great idea!

Julie O. said...

I'm so glad he is home and doing well.

Your page is fantastic! It gave me chills yesterday!

Pam said...

Oh I am sooo happy that little Pitter Patter Potter is home! I have been keeping up with your blog and sending prayers but I can't comment at work anymore! :( So so glad he's doing so well! Give him a big hug from me!

Beautiful page as always too! ;)

Mireille said...

YAY!!! he is home!!! ALLRIGHT!!! So happy!!! The layout is gorgeous.. and such a beautiful subject!

NancyJones said...

OHHH IM SO HAPPY he is ok and at home!!!

LOVE YOUR PAGE. I just did something kinda like this tonight..
Its a challenge for pen pals on MY HOPE (and my hope was for Bella that I was a good enough mom to teach her the things she needs to know in life)
Funny how great minds thing alike huh bwahahahahaha

Lea L. said...

So happy to hear that your little pup is okay and home! How scary that must have been Leslie! Yikes!

And your page is just gorgeous! I think that fear comes over every parent at some point or another...I am sure you have taught her well!

HUGS,
~Lea

Ki said...

You're afraid of clowns??? Hmmm...who woulda thunk it?? My oldest is afraid of them too - it's a fear I've never really been able to understand (likely only because I don't have it LOL). Interesting!