Monday, September 15, 2008

**Pitter Patter Potter, TDX & more**

~**From the bottom of my heart - thank you. We all thank you. Pitter Patter Potter says thank you and he "woof's all of you"**~


This is a recent pic I took of him. He just looks so pitiful! Look at his little face :) He's so precious! I took more pics of him where you can actually *SEE* the trauma - but I'm only sharing this one. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that you'd have to see him yawn or look under his mouth (chin area) to see where he was injured. He's slowly but surely making a comeback.


Today he *TRIED* to throw a toy in the air like he always does. It freaked him out a little when it didn't go in his mouth like it used to He left it there and laid down and whined this pitiful whine. It must have hurt. Poor guy - but he IS improving. Thank you everyone!! He goes back to the vet this Thursday for his follow up. Today is 1 week since the accident and I'm very happy with how he's doing. The vet warned us that he would get worse before he got better He said that it would take a bit for him to figure things out and adapt to his new way of life. :) He's on his way! He's our little furry miracle!



You have to see this CUTE card Potter got in the mail today:


Shanna - a girl with a heart of gold - sent this to him and we have it displaying proudly for everyone to see! :) Thank you SWEET sweet Shanna - "luv 'yer guts" too, girl :) Check her blog out - she did the nicest little post about Potter :)

*******************************************************


So our new challenge is up at TDX - it's a fun one this week!! Cute Kimmi came up with it:

Challenge: Close your eyes, open the dictionary, and point to a word. Does your word mean anything special to you? Why?


My word: LIKE. Here's my "LIKE" layout :

(layout returning soon)
I hope you play along with our challenge this week!! Be sure to load your challenge layout in the comment section of The Design Experiment blog for your chance to win a fabulous RAK!!

**ALSO - check out our new 2 design team members!! SO excited for Dena & Divian!**


*************************************************
Do you have any scrappy plans for the weekend of SCRAP PINK which is Sept. 26th-28th? You should head over to Create My Keepsake for some FUN!! We'll be cropping all weekend! We'll have great classes and challenges!
I've got a challenge all ready to go - here's a sneak peek:
I hope you come crop with us! It's going to be SO FUN!
********************************************************
So with a week like I had last week - everyone deserves a little fun news, right? ;)
--a few days ago I received an email from Scrapbook Trends requesting a layout for February 2009 issue :)

--I was asked to create cards for a new Dutch (scrap) cards magazine. It's Cards Only and I am HONORED to be asked to be a guest for November :)


(I also have a couple of other fun things to share with you soon, very soon :))


Thank you for letting me share my news with you.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week.


Lots of hugs -

~Me

20 comments:

Chrys said...

Glad lil' one is recovering well! :) Great projects!!!! and Congrats on all your awesomeness! :) :) :)

Danielle said...

awww, look at that little face. His eyes look so sad! what a sweet little guy! ohh, that card is beautiful!!! how sweet of her!!! I adore your new layout, and your sneak for the crop! everything you do is amazing!!!

Lea L. said...

What a sweet little card that Potter got! I hope he finds his new way soon! :)

Lots of gorgeous stuff you have posted here Leslie!! As always!

Have a great day!
~Lea

Danielle said...

I'm so glad he's on the mend..he looks so tired and sore! I love your layout and congrats on all your accomplishments, you certainly rock the scrapping world!!
Dani

LoRi said...

Aw, my heart hurts for that poor puppy. So glad he is feeling better. How sweet of Shanna! Cute card! I always love your TDX stuff. So inspiring! ♥♥♥

Dena said...

Ohhh man, I just want to pick him up and give him the worlds tightest squeeze. He does look so very sad!
ANd omg Shanna's card is too dang cute! I love that.
Your layout this week was fabulous and I am so happy to finally be on a team with you again! Thanks for hooking this girl up!

Juliana said...

He is such a cute little guy! I am glad to hear he is doing a little better!

Sasha said...

bwhahahahahaha girl you crack my arse up .. LOL I ssooo thought I had that taken care of .. I am a bad partna in crime .. **spank me** girl that is so FIXED .. thanks for stopping through Sis and show me some love on my bday..you know I had to make it do what it do anyway .. **wink wink**

XOXO
Sasha

rae said...

Hey sweet Potter... looking good kiddo ;) Shanna's card is just precious!
Love your gorgeous work Leslie {as always}.. congrats on your good news, looking forward to hearing the rest too!
(((hugs))) to Potter!

Ki said...

His eyes are definitely sad...oh I just want to squeeze him!
All of your pages I was catching up on are just spectacular!

Leigh said...

Congrats on the publications and I love your layout for TDX!!
I might have to try that challenge. I did it several years ago and got the word "raspberry." Lol!

Amy W. said...

aw, what a sweet little face. so good to see him. i'm sure he will bring on some new fun habits very soon. :)

that was soooo sweet of Shanna to send that super cute card!!!

Yay on the pubs and i can't wait for the crop over at CMK! -hugs girlie!

Davinie said...

Hey sweet Leslie! So glad the pup is getting better. What a scary thing for the mama. What a nice card he got too!
Have a great Wednesday sweets!

Mireille said...

hey girlie.. he is looking great for a lil one with such a big injurie! SO glad he is feeling better.. LOVE the stuff you made and love the card you got! Too cute!

Julie O. said...

Awe....so glad he's doin' a bit better, that card from Shanna is adorable!

I seriously, REALLY 'LIKE' your 'like' page. What's not to like? You are always such an inspiration!

Congrats on design for the card mag. That's awesome!

Have a great night girly!

Anabelle said...

Awwww....Mr. Potter looks so cute. Can't believe it's only been a week. Congrats on the Dutch cards mag. LOVE the colors and design of your TDX page!

NancyJones said...

OHHHH I had to come check on little mr man. IM SO HAPPY HE IS OK look how sweet he is!!!
CONGRATS ON YA PUBBIN CHICKRICK. You doinit toit! WHEHEW!

Renee Lamb said...

oh poor little PPP. My heart aches for him. His precious little face pulls at my heartstrings for sure. Glad he's doing good though and is taking steps in the right direction. give him tons of little kisses for me. Love your TDX layout. you are a scrappy goddess my friend and I can't wait for the scrap pink crop. Your peekie makes me want more NOW! LOL - it shall be a good time. Congrats on your good scrappy news - you totally deserve it all. You are one talented chicka. Hugs

Nicole said...

Glad Potter is doing well! You will have to update us today. Been thinking about you!

HUGS!

Pam said...

Awww, Potter looks so sweet! I'd never know there was anything wrong with him if you didn't tell us he got hurt! I cant imagine what happened to him or even begin to think of what he went through but he's a little toughie and I'm so glad he's improving so well!

That pup card is too cute! So sweet of her to send it to little Pitter Patter Potter! :)

Love your page as always, that's a great pic of your gorgeous family!!