Monday, September 8, 2008

**PLEASE Pray!**

For my little guy - Potter:

I only have a few seconds - I wanted to post this before I leave again:
I'm not sure I can type this without my hands shaking. I may not make sense. Forgive me if I don't. I think I may be in shock? I don't know what I'm in other than my emotions have taken over with a force I can't even describe.
We've just come home for a little bit. I've been at the 24 hour dog hospital. I had to rush my youngest puppy, Potter (he's a year old) there.
It's ok - you can tell me it's just a dog but I won't believe you. He's more than that, he's my baby boy. he's my family.
Would you please say a prayer for him?
All I know is I let my dogs out this afternoon (I have 4 small pups) as usual. They're inside dogs so I only leave them out for 15 maybe 20 minutes. I went back to let them in and I noticed something odd with Potter. I won't go into the details other than tel you this is bad. I knew this was not good. I thought he was dying. It looked like he'd been into something - bad. Alan and I rushed him immediately to the hospital. I just knew they were going to tell us they had to put him to sleep. The doctor described in detail what he had to do to make him better. They won't have to put him to sleep - that's the good news. The bad news is he's really REALLY bad.



My Potter will have surgery probably this evening or early in the morning. They are waiting to see how his little body will handle the anesthesia and then they'll get started on this long surgery. I will know more when they are done with the procedure. They're supposed to call me and I can immediately go up there and visit him for 20 - 30 minutes. I have to leave him overnight. I am so sad and so heartbroken over this....

Can you please pray that now he just makes it through his surgery and will be ok?



If you've read this far - thank you.

17 comments:

.tawnya. said...

Hi sweetie. I am lifting your sweet little puppy up to the Lord now. Hang in there sweet girl! xoxo to you!

Stephanie Rice said...

Aw, poor pup! I don't know you, but I just wanted to tell you I'll pray for Potter tonight! I hope he's okay.

Staci said...

Just wanted to drop off some prayers and hugs for little potter Leslie! Thinking of you and your adorable pup!!

AliciaSharp said...

Awww I am so sorry! Prayers are headed your way now!

~Kim said...

Oh sweetie...I am right there with you walking in your shoes tonight! Our little pup (he's almost 9) is losing his eyesight...and we are having to make some tough decisions. I know they aren't just a dog! They are family!!!!

I hope little Potter is pulling through this valley and running up to the top of the mountain!

Praying for you tonight Leslie!
~Kim

Felicity said...

Oh Leslie, My thoughts are with you and hope your little fur baby comes through OK and isn't in too much pain. Thinking of you tonight - Your Cyber lurking friend from Australia xxx Felicity.

~Nancy~ said...

OH girlie.. I'm heartbroken for you.. You're sooo right.. it's not 'just'a dog... our dogs are our family!!!! (I feel your pain sweetie.. we've had to put my parents'doggie to sleep last week.. he used to be my doggie, I'm so so sad.. just can't stop crying.. ) I hope your little guy isn't too much in pain.. Thinking of you!! XOXO

Dena said...

Thinking of you and your whole fam this morning Les. I hope he made it thru the night ok and that he is fighting his hardest. He is one strong little pup to have made it this far. I know he can do it! Love ya!

Nicole said...

Sending hugs your way!!

Shanna said...

Praying hard for Potter's speedy recovery Les!!! Poor thing! I would be in tears! Hugs girl!

LoRi said...

Poor sweet pup. Praying for a speedy recovery, hon.

rae said...

prayin' for Potter, Leslie!! hang in there girl... (((hugs)))

Amy W. said...

you and your little pup remain in my thoughts today. i'm hoping to hear better news from you soon as you bring Potter home. :( my heart aches for you all. {hugs}

Mireille said...

ptap for potter!
A pet to me is always part of the family.. wether it's a bird, a rabbit, a horse or a dog..
poor poor little guy.. hope he feels a little better soon..
and a big hug for you girlie!!

Kristin Bennett said...

OMYgoodness Leslie. I am sooo sorry. I hope he is going to be ok, you and potter are in my thoughts. Keep us posted!

Renee Lamb said...

I'm sorry posting this on your blog so late but I said MANY MANY prayers for your little guy. I applaud you for keeping it together as much as you did. If my Gracie had that happen, I shudder to think! It's crazy how they worm their way into our hearts and lives and when they get sick or hurt how it's like a part of US is sick our hurt. big hugs. Poor little Pitter Patter Potter! thoughts and prayers still going to him

Ki said...

Oh my goodness! #1, I'm so sorry to hear about this! #2, I'm sorry I'm so late to read this! I see on a later post that he is home now, thank goodness!