Monday, October 27, 2008

**Listen....**

Ready to be challenged by The Design Experiment
this week? Our challenge is so cool!
It's powerful!! Here it is:
"Set forth a time, and no matter what time it is, or what you are doing, snap a photo. It can be of your children who happen to be running down the hallway with a trail of toilet tissue behind them. It could be that you just finished filling the dogs' bowl, or maybe you are outside admiring the turning of fall. No matter where it is, where you are, snap a photo of that moment....the NOW.
Complete your page with journaling. Dig inside to express how you feel at that moment...that point in time. After all, scrapbooking is about memories...preserving them, no matter how small they may be. It is usually the small memories we hold dear as we grow older...how the laundry smelled after washing, how mom's apple pie made your stomach growl everytime you smelled it...or how you always have a pile of toys to pick up after the kids go off to school. No matter how small or minute, the now is what we live for, so let's capture it!"
I KNEW when I saw my pictures from Friday night
- this one with my beautiful
daughter was the one I wanted for this challenge :)




My journaling says:
"(listen...) to the here & now. this moment. This.....I could stay in this place forever. This very memory. Walking my girl across the field as she is being honored as a senior. Experiencing this with her is something I will cherish. ~Savannah & Mom - Oct. 24, 2008~"
I hope you play along with our challenge this week!!
Be sure to link your layout in the comment section!
Have a lovely day!

14 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh man Leslie! It won't be long before I'm saying the same things about my girls! I can feel the emotion just jumping off this sweet, sweet page! I neeeeeeed to find time this week for this challenge. It's important! And as always.... I lurve your work girly! xoxoxo

Danielle said...

Wow, I love it! Such unique details on this page! If I had more time this week, I'd love to play along, that's a fun challenge!

Leigh said...

I love this challenge, Leslie and your layout is awesome!! I also really love your journaling-- so well worded and meaningful! Thanks for sharing!

Jocelyn said...

What a great challenge and I love your LO! We took Gavin to Valley View Farms today and as I was snapping pics of him, I was remembering the times that I took his mamma there at the same age! Gotta get these pics printed and do a LO! Have a wonderful Monday!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

so beautiful! ;)

Julie O. said...

Awe...that's so sweet Leslie!! Love your layout. Great challenge.

Daniela said...

Wow, you are so creative!!!!! I love that photo of you two. So beautiful. I want to play, but I am running out of time.
That tag with the tree is adorable. I have that stamp and haven't even used it, yet.
I saw your other beautiful layout in ST today. I was doing Christmas shopping (TOYS) and I saw Michaels. I was all the way in Frisco. They didn't have the owl punch, but I did get a scalloped punch with embossed flowers, with my 40% coupon. Have you seen that one? This is so long, sorry. I will email you the other funny story.

Renee Lamb said...

i think i seriously just teared up. your page literally speaks girl. it's amazing. what a great challenge and one I hope to do. It's a good one. ♥

Laurence said...

Cool page and wow you are beautiful!

Danielle said...

that is an awesome challenge! I just have to say--oh, that pic of you and your girl--just gorgeous!! the two of you are pure beauty!!!! love seeing your work Leslie!

Ki said...

Everything about this page is stunning!! You, your daughter, and the page!!

Sandi in FL said...

LESLIE!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this LO!!!!!!!!!! I remember walking across the field with MY Mom!!! We gave our Moms mums. =) I'm the same age as you, so I've got a pretty good memory, eh? ;)

ellen said...

drool drool drool!
look at you and your daughter! man, i bet time is flyin' by...you must be proud!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a very cool challenge, Leslie! Love the idea of freezing a moment in time and really giving it thought and consideration. And I love your page! That is a wonderful photo, and your design really makes it shine. Love your use of circles to draw your eye across the photo, and I really like your bit title on the side.