Friday, October 10, 2008

**Monkey SEE Monkey DO, FOOTBALL Friday & my pretty girl**

First off...
I am hooked on this certain show on TLC
(sometimes it runs on Discovery too).
It's about a family of 10. Ya know...8 + 2 = 10. I'm sure you know what show I'm referring to.
Ok ok I'll admit it....
but.........
you CANNOT LAUGH AT ME...

I am addicted to Jon & Kate + 8.
look, they even have a blog - The Gosselin's
(there...WHEW, I feel better)

On their show a few weeks ago they were making a YUMMY treat for the li'l ones. It's called Monkey Munch. I thought it looked so yummy!! I really wanted to try it. I knew my kids would love it...

So I set out looking for the recipe. I found it. I was so excited going to the grocery store buying all the ingredients. I was even more excited making it last night.
I was like a little kid helping their mom in the kitchen.
I even did a little monkey jig (LOL...stop laughing!) while I was getting it all ready :) It turned out SO GOOD!
It's delish and I'm taking a few mini baggies of it tonight to the football game :) Who needs game refreshments when Monkey Munch is on the menu! LOL!!
I was so excited making it- I didn't even snap a pic of it...sorry!!

Here is a link where you can find photo's and the recipe! *Jon & Kate + 8's Monkey Munch*
*****************
So tonight is FOOTBALL FRIDAY!! The kids high school football team, the Richland Rebels remain UNDEFEATED!! 5 games down - #6 is tonight!
I really REALLY like high school football in the fall :) It's so fun to watch, there's a chill in the air.....ahhhhh!! BUT my most fave time is of the entire night is halftime. Why you ask? Because I get to see this:

Right there in the very front (3rd person from left) is this beautiful girl:
I'm so proud of her! :) Tonight they're playing all 4 of their songs from their show this year called "BELIEVE". Tomorrow they are hosting a marching contest - they are one of the 3 exhibition bands. They'll perform at 9:45 PM.
You go Rebel Band - we "believe" and are all so proud of everything you guys do!
SO now you know what's going on tonight and tomorrow night :)

I am planning on working on lots of scrap projects this weekend. :) Can't WAIT to show you guys!! I'll be sharing another sneak of Label Tulip with you soon too!! :)
Like I always say....
Don't be shy, say HI!
I love all of your comments :)

10 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Boy, your happiness is just infectious, Leslie! I love that you are so happy and are enjoying life. Sounds like you're going to have a great time at the game tonight. Kudos to your daughter!
Can't wait to see your scrappy projects.
Enjoy!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I too love high school football, but we will settle for 6 and under soccer tomorrow! He has his pictures taken tomorrow and he got a big ole shiner in school on Thursday! This should make for a perfect scrapbook page. Also, you enabler, I signed up for the kit and can't wait to get it!!!!! Have a great one and I want to try the monkey munch!

Danielle said...

What a fun weekend!!!! I love the pics of your beautiful girl! I LOVE high school football! The cool weather, the cheering...ahhh!!! :) I used to watch John & Kate until I found out how much they made per show, and got annoyed! I think it is something like 65K PER episode. That is crazy! I hope that your weekend is fabulous Leslie!!!! Hugs! :)

Amanda said...

helloooooo! :) I've never seen that show, but I've heard it's awesome, I'll have to check it out! Can't WAIT to see your LT stuff!!! I'm ready for a sneak now!

Staci said...

I've heard such good things about that show - I need to check it out! Thanks for the link, monkey munch sounds yum! Love those photos of your adorable girl!!

rae said...

confession time....
i like jon & kate plus 8 too :)

i just LOVE coming by your blog leslie... always so up & happy & fun... you rock girl ;)
happy weekend!!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Hi!

I happened to watch the episode with the monkey munch too. But, the funny thing is I have been making this for years and years and I have only known it as "puppy chow". (I didn't make up the name).

Can't wait to see your LT layouts, you'll do an awesome job I'm sure!

Melanie

Mireille said...

waiting waiting for your projects =)
weeeeew.. have fun scrapping.. will check in again soon!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

oh Leslie... what a gorgeous girl you have there. i can't get over her beauty! and mail me some Monkey Munch! LOL..

Sasha said...

GIrl I love John and Kate +8 LOL .. I love it .. we could so cuddle up under the blankets and watch together LOL .. love your LO's babe..

Happy Monday
Sasha