Saturday, June 20, 2009

***He.Is.Doing.G*R*E*A*T!!!**

Our family cannot thank you enough for your prayers,
positive thoughts & kindness you've sent our way!

****Update*****
He had a rough start prior to surgery. poor thing!
--the first IV blew, resulting in a 2nd IV -- of course;
which made him tense up (he was so nervous!)
pray to the plastic trash can & turn pretty pale.

--his surgery was delayed for about an hour.
--he got the giggle juice, fell asleep, they took him back to
give him the "knock out completely" good stuff....

--about 45-50 minutes later -- doc came out and told us he did GREAT!
(she said she got all of the fibroid and sent it to pathology and in 3 weeks
when we return for his follow up,she'd have the results ... which is most likely, benign)

a little bit longer and we were able to see him in recovery
and get him awake enough to go home.

--he's been home for a while now and "he's feeling ok" -- he says.
(pain meds? probably, LOL!)
GREAT news...he's healthy, he's home, he's healing
(his stitches are dissolvable should be gone within 3 weeks)
and he's even eating me out of chicken noodle soup! (lol)

{That makes this mom's so happy}
because I know the main reason is -- your prayers & positive thoughts.
I know this was a MINOR procedure and I KNEW he was going to be "ok" but
I'm sure every mom feels this way....(dad's too!) this....
"oh please let it remain a minor thing" --
"please let the doctor's hands be steady",
"please let him remain calm and not have a reaction to anything..."
(he's got a very high drug allergy to a certain drug and anything containing this drug)

but my fears were pushed aside as he says to me....
"is it over? can we go home? wheelchair? am I dreaming?"
over and over and over....
(God Bless that kid!)

So we'd all like to thank you --
& we love you

18 comments:

Pam said...

Glad all went well and he's doing so well!

Amy Coose said...

I hope he is feeling even better today!!! (:

Danielle said...

I am so glad that all went well! Poor guy with the IV issues. I hate IV's!!! I hope that he is feeling better today!!

Graziscrap said...

I´m happy that he´s feeling better and it´s ok now!!!! Have a nice weekend!!!

Sophia said...

So glad he is doing better Leslie...<3

dstandard said...

So glad it all went well and it's all over!

Anabelle said...

Glad he's home and doing well!!!
Now, YOU try and relax, too. ;)

scrappermimi said...

I am so glad he is doing well. It can be so scary!

When my little guy was 2 he needed surgery...like you said I knew he would be okay but he still is your baby!

Hugs!!!

Jill Deiling said...

im so glad that your son is doing well! :)

Danielle said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing good! I definitely know how you feel, Taylor had surgery last September and it was the hardest thing to go through as a mom to see her like that and worry about everything!
hugs!
dani

Renee Lamb said...

So glad to hear he is doing good! I'm sure you are relieved that he's on the road for recovery! big hugs sweetie and I hope y'all enjoy your Father's Day weekend!

Dria said...

I am so glad to read how well S did with the surgery- minor or not is is very trying for both child and family.
Wishing him a fast recovery.

milkcan said...

So glad to hear that things went well in the end! yay!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

I'm soooooooo glad he's okay Les!! he's so blessed to have you, that young one.. :) *hugs*

Laina said...

So glad to hear that everything is okay Leslie. Poor momma, so hard to go through that huh? Wish you could almost take his place, to protect them from any pain!

Cathy said...

So happy to hear that things went well with your son, Leslie!
{Big Hugs}

Julie O. said...

So sorry it was such a rough deal for him!! Glad he is doing better.

Miss you,
Hugs,
Julie

Jennifer Y said...

Hey Leslie, so glad your son is doing well!!
I love The Girls Loft...off to check it out!
Have you been to the new scrapbook store in NRH? I want to go...maybe we could meet up one day!!! :)
Take care!