Wednesday, July 22, 2009

**Next Stop....2010, Oh The Places & oh boy oh boy oh boy!**

Happy Wednesday!
Today's my day for "Wednesday Words"
over at the Create My Keepsake blog.
I came up with this challenge:


Take a line or 2 or 3 (however many you want to use) from Dr. Seuss's book:



and create a page surrounding it.
Either as journaling or your title...any way you desire.


This is what I came up with:


I used this line from the book:




"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy
who'll decide where to go."




here's a closeup:


I had such a great time with this...
this book is perfect for where our lives are
right now. With the girl just graduating and starting college
in 3 weeks and the boy starting his Senior Year in high school
in a few weeks....this book is perfect
for the advice you get from Dr. Seuss.
I LOVE that man.
His enthusiasm, his quest for life and laughter,
his joy....he was one amazing man. I always wanted to
meet him; since I can remember!

***********************



I also thought I'd share another layout I did for CMK this week:



Check out the progression of those dimples...what a cute boy he is.
I love him to pieces!! TIME...stop, just a little longer, please?

and a close up:


*******************************************************
HEY have you seen that The Girls Loft has a blog now?
CHECK IT OUT!!
Go right here ----------> The Girls Loft Blog <----------
hopefully soon I can share my monkey book with you!
I'm just waiting for the word...
In other news:
--The Princess is off on a SR. trip with the church group
she comes home Friday & I can't wait!
--just 3 weeks until we move her into her dorm.
SOOO much to do up until then, so so much.
(doctor's appts, shots, hair appts, the rest of the dorm gear, etc....)
--4 weeks until the Boy starts his Senior year of HS.
--the hub (or as I endearingly call him A2)
is busy training for his big ride of the year.
Riding lots and lots, getting in as many 100 mile days
as he can. I can't walk my bike a mile without feeling
like I'm going to fall over...he's my hero!
{Oh and a bit of sad news....
--a dear sweet friend of mine has a french bulldog
who had a c-section yesterday to deliver
her litter of 11 puppies. I went to her house to help her bottle
feed the 8 babies that survived
the birth...little by little throughout the remaining babies passed away.
Still not sure what happened other than Miss Lexi Lou was just too
tiny to have 11 babies or they might have been born too soon....
either way, please remember my dear friend and her sweet
children as they endure the happenings and help sweet girl Lexi heal quickly....}
Hope your week is wonderful. Go hug your family today....
I'm reminded daily how short life is, how fragile, how precious....
make sure they all know you love them dearly....
xoxo,
~me.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Love the layouts!

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO!!!! Stunning as always!!! Sounds like you have some busy weeks coming up!!!!! So sad about the puppies. We too have been in such a pickle here...I can hardly think...but then life kicks you and you pull yourself up by the boot straps!!!! Have a wonderful day! :)

Sasha said...

Your LAYOUTS ARE KILLAH .. love em girl .

Anabelle said...

Thesea re just stunning! I love the lines form the story. And your details are so amazing as always! So sorry to hear about your friend's puppies...

Holly said...

Pretty pages, Leslie! So sad about your friend's puppies. I have a Frenchie too, and am aware how difficult any birth is for them due to the necessity of c-sections. Poor baby. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Christiane said...

oh, to read the sad story about the puppies makes me sad too!! :(
but i LOVE your work!! :))

Diana said...

Love the LO and the challenge is great! I have this book, maybe I can play along too :)

Rebecca said...

That book is a fav of mine too and your layouts are aMAZing!! Sorry to hear about your friend's poochie, hope she recovers soon.