Monday, August 3, 2009

**See I told you Girls Just Wanna Have Fun**

Especially when they want to reveal a secret or 2 (or in my case 3 or 4...)

It's time to reveal The Girls Loft August kit!

Here's what I did:

First up is the Princess...

















not sure why my adjusting the color made her photo
so washed out... bleh!!
This gorgeous photo is by Andie Smith @ eight18photography
(she took Savannah's SR. pics)
If you're sentimental, don't read the journaling. Trust me.
I used the words from the Miley & Billy Ray Cyrus song..
"Butterfly Fly Away"...google it. You'll get a bit misty eyed too...
I LOVE the words. Totally the way I feel right now especially
with the girl moving to college in just...15 days.
--I loved the netting that came in the kit.
I decided first off I was going to use it as butterfly netting.
I distressed EACH butterfly.
I layered 3 together for 1 butterfly, the rest just on the page.
I sprayed glimmer mist on the "blue" toned
butterflies then used clear
embossing powder to make them shiney.
I used 3 coats for a thick shimmer...
then I painted one silver and 2 green....
added polka dots with pens and buttons for a final touch.
Isn't that lace to die for! I love it!
closeup of the buttons..


and the butterfly (well the 3 layered butterflies..)
Next we have the boy when he was about 10 years old.
(he's 17 now) .... we are on South Padre Island (on the Texas coast)
but I think I wrote Corpus not even thinking...oh well.
LOL they've been both placesso it's ok...
Isn't he cute though lying in that water! I love these photo's...


and here's "The Fam". This photo is from Father's Day this year...
oops! I see the "T" fell...oh well. LOL! I love this bunch of
peeps like no tomorrow....I'm a lucky lucky girl.
and a closeup:
& finally a little project I came up with....
I used a Teresa Collins tab file chipboard page
and turned itsideways for a little "Happy Summer" board
...from The Girls Loft!
I loved doing this...
I'm into making those "inchies" right now!
Although this one's more of a "2 inchie"
with the circle punch...
Get this kit. Trust me.
Go here: The Girls Loft to see how to get this kit!
(and check out the blog while you're there!)
Here's a little closeup:
and one more:
Thanks for letting me show you...
I hope your week is wonderful!
Fill me in...what's up with you?
What's on the plans for the week?
We're almost done getting the girl ready for move in day...
This week's a "Welcome To Baylor" party at a fellow Baylor students
home..we can't wait!
Take care everyone...
xoxo,
Me!