Wednesday, September 30, 2009

**Glitz meets Shimmerz**

and boy did they ever get along....
I'd like to share my Glitz-y, Shimmerz-y projects with you:

**WARNING..this post is photo heavy...**

First I decided a while back I wanted to create a canvas layout
with yummy Shimmerz & the FUN new lines from Glitz.

I saw this picture from a recent upload of my son....
I knew it was PERFECT for what I wanted to do...
-First I sanded my canvas a little...to prime it a little.
-Then I painted my canvas silver using the Adirondack daubers...
-Next I sprayed my Concrete Shimmerz. Dried it with my heat gun,
Sprayed Licorice (new release!!) and dried it all with my heat gun again.

-Next I took my versamark ink
& the CUTE CUTE polka dot stamp from Glitz
and stamped along the edges of my canvas...
(I wanted a boyish, grungy look...)

-then used Tim Holtz new distressed (why do I love that word? LOL)
-then I heated it with the heat gun again,
this is the end result. I LOVE how it turned out.
.
--after that I proceeded to add paper, ribbons, buttons, stickers...

but I have to share that the orange saying: 
"Do You Know Where You Are Going On Your Journey"
is NOT from Glitz nor from Shimmerz.
It's a postcard I found while shopping in Waco near Savannah's college...
I HAD to use it on here. I KNEW what I wanted to do with that
the minute I bought it.
I wanted to show you how yummy the Glitz rub ons are.
Not to mention they go on like BUTTER.
I ♥♥♥ them.
I used Shimmerz new release Wed Wagon (I LOVE that name!)
along the edge of my son's photo.
It's safe, non toxic....won't damage at all...
plus it looks really COOL as a frame for your photo...


Next up we have my cute little fam:
whom I LOVE so much.
That photo's so funny...
I was getting the picture of my husband and daughter
while at Parents Weekend at Baylor University
and Shaypher just happens to walk by and look up and smile.
Priceless.
Cracks me up...makes you wonder if he had that planned, eh?

But about the layout....
The Glitz stamps are so fun..you must have them all. I LOVE that circle.
-I used the new Glitz "olivia" line.
-along with elements added  from the"vintage" line.
-Spritzed a TON of Shimmerz Baby's Breath...seriously...MUST have!

and ready for another grungy boy page?
here ya have it...
the boy on his first day of his SENIOR year.
Craziness I tell you.
Him? Senior?
that's my BABY.
(although he'd DIE if he knew I just wrote that)



Anyway...this is the new "detour" line from Glitz. 
Delish huh? It's already grungy, I did nothing but
spritz on some Baby's Breath Shimmerz to make it shimmer (z) :D

but on these stars...I went NUTS!
--On the star on the left, all I used was Shimmerz Hi Ho Silver paint.
Check out that shimmer!
Seriously...if you don't have Shimmerz..GET SOME.
You HAVE to have it.  :D

This one's my favorite:
Probably because this is my girls' SR pictures that
I just LOVE Andie's work. Super talented girl
(and she just took Shaypher's SR.pics...YAY!)

Anways...this layout was so fun to do. 
The Glitz "hot mama" line is so easy to use.
I wanted a splash of a contrast so I added some green...
and spritzed lots of Shimmerz of course.
I use it so much it's become a staple!
I LOVE that staple....

and tomorrow I've got another Shimmerz-ized Glitz project to share with you...
right along with my Point.Blank.Period Challenge Layout.
Prompt #2.
are you ready?


p.s. Just waiting to hear back from
my Shimmerz Winner...
Mommy2Alex....

;D

Have a GREAT DAY!
x♥x♥

14 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Leslie....I love these....awesome use of glitz meets shimmerz!!! ME loves and the grungy boy pages....I have some of those boys...so I must play!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome talent and the how to's were FABULOUS!!!! :)

Stac said...

So, so cool. Love how edgey they are. Lovin that SHIMMERZ! Way to go girl!!!

NancyJones said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. as usual. That canvas is so awesome. THe shimmerz is the perfect addition to it. LOVE IT! That post card is awesome the perfect phrase for the title girl!

Danielle said...

wow, you are full of amazing work today!!!! you are awesome!

catchinghappiness said...

I am crazy about all your projects Leslie! I just LOVE the canvas of your son! What a great idea to use a postcard. And all the artsy details are totally fab! Might have to find me some Shimmerz! Have a great day!!! Amy Tara

dstandard said...

WOW you have been busy and these layouts are fabulous! (As always!)

Vel said...

OMG your work is remarkable. I'm seriously drooling. TFS

photoluv said...

AWESOME layouts Leslie. I just got my first SHIMMERZ paints (found them by accident while shopping a store 50 Miles from home when the website said there were none near me - guess wrong). I now have to go out and get some of that crackle paint and try that techique. I am so IN LOVE with them. Now I want to get my hands on the Spritz too. This has to be a #1 favorite of mine now.

Danielle said...

wow, wow look at all these gorgeous pages!!!! amazing and so yummy, full of texture, you are so good!!

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Ok that's some serious eye candy! My mouth is dropped open! Love all of them. I love how grunge meets glitz! That is my favorite style! You are seriously a scrap ROCK STAR! LOL

Laura Fiore said...

So, so fabulous leslie! I love all of your amazing work!

Joy-N-Jesus said...

beautiful work! Thank you for sharing!
What great photos too!

Daniela said...

I Love these so much!!!!! That first one is my favorite. I was reading all the little details about how you created it. Love those Glitz stamps....love the painting, embossing, stamping and Shimmerz!!! Awesome work.
That little touch on green on the last one is perfect. These are all awesome!!!!

Angela W said...

OMG! You are awesome and so are your creations! Love them all! I have bought so much Shimmerz this past week and so can not wait to use them, on everything! I can see why it is a staple! I have 2 boys, and I love your grungy pages! I know your blog is a must check often one! ;)