Thursday, September 17, 2009

***Label Tulip -- September**

I tip toed...through the Tulip...and came up with
this, this and that....using September's gorgeous
main kit+ add ons. I got both of them.  Used
little pieces of each on everything....

<---- (photography by Andie Smith @ eight18photography.com)
Sometimes RED is SO HARD to photograph...uggh....
I wanted to show how easy it is to use the packaging that the kits
come wrapped in....I cut strips here and tied them in knots....
and here....I used one side of the wrapping and sprayed Shimmerz
ALL over it. I used a butterfly I cut from the Hambly paper
that came in add on #1 as my mask...then I cut the other butterflies
(they were pink) and turned them over, detailed them and stuck
them here...I also used the butterfly as my letter to myself..
WHICH so happens to be our Challenge this month....
(write a letter to your 18 year old self)
(If you want to read the letter, you can click on my layout,
it should be big enough to read)
This layout below is by a sweet friend of mine, Leigh Penner.
 Danielle Flanders chose her layout as our "member lift" from the gallery. 
this is my lift of Leigh's layout.....
(it's another note to myself...to me today)
and then....I decided to create this little fall art:




















Everything but the FRAME is included in the kit (and add ons!)
I Shimmerzed the frame -- I mean I had to, it was nakey without it! ;D

Thanks for taking the time to check out my layouts I did using
the Label Tulip September kit.

Check the GALLERY <-------------- to see what our guest designer and
the Tulip Girls did...it's a YUMMY gallery!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Vel said...

OK, using the packaging in that way is just brilliant! I use packaging all the time but never quite like this. Thanks for the inspiration!

margie c said...

OhMyWoW! What gorgeous layouts! I cannot wait to recieve this kit, my 1st one! and the packaging too! ;)
TFS :*) margie

~Sasha Farina~ said...

*sigh* i love every single thing.. you rock. Girl. You just do.

Pam said...

OK seriously, how do you look younger now then when you were 18?

roree said...

Gorgeous projects, Leslie! I especially love your dear leslie layout!

Stacy Cohen said...

AMAZING . . . every single one of them!! You do such beautiful work, Leslie!

Danielle said...

Ugh! Gorgeous!!! Your layouts and projects are absolutely stunning!!!! Love ya girl!

AesaLina said...

Oh I just love all those layouts!

Lovin' Life said...

Totally love it, I need to get me some shimmerz!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

robin.christine said...

I couldn't find where to leave a comment in your last post for the shimmerz paints.. they look like so much fun and I hope I can win one! (and I loved your tutorial) But there's no link to post a comment up there, so I came down to this one. I just bought my first Label Tulip kit this month, I can't wait to get it, I hope its a good one!