Thursday, February 25, 2010

**Denimized Shimmer...Shimmerized Denim...**

which sounds better?
Either way....
I LOVE love love how Shimmerz Vibez looks
on denim!!

My cute hubby was throwing out some jeans
he doesn't wear anymore. I had a GREAT idea
and asked him if he minded if I took them...
I couldn't of course wear them, he's
about 34873847387872232 times taller
than I am....(tee hee)

I love the look of those roses everyone's
been doing from paper and fabric.
THAT was my great idea...I took that cool
technique and cut my denim into roses....

Sprayed them with Shimmerz, painted them with
Shimmerz Blingz and Pearls and this is the outcome:
I sprayed each denim rose with RazzleDazzle Berry Shimmerz Vibez.
The Vibez is so cool..I love how it soaked up in my denim and made it look
 a tad bit shabby---with some killer effects of already being
that color! Love it...
I used my heat gun to speed up the drying process.
Next I painted the
tips of my roses with Pixie Dust Blingz
for just a little bit more sparkle.
Then on some of the petals I painted
more dimension and color.
I really like how this turned out.

I used Prima leaves that are natural in color
and sprayed them with Shimmerz Vibez in
Vertigre. After drying with my heatgun
I painted the edges with Ballet Slipper Pearlz.

Here's a few close ups:



I don't plan on putting this page in my albums.
It's one of Savannah's SR. photo's
(eight18photography.com) so I'm going
to display it on an easel in my home.

This is one of the two layouts I completed at my crop
this weekend.  My other one is for The Button Shop.
It will be posted March 8th. ;D

If you are wanting to make a flatter flower so that it
can fit in your album and you want to use denim and Shimmerz...
I'd suggest you trace a flower, cut it out, then go to town
spraying on the sparkle...
Remember before throwing out those old ratty jeans...
you could make them into a masterpiece...
Have fun!!
Show me what you did!

Have a wonderful day friends!
Don't forget to say hi...

xoxo,
~Me.

20 comments:

Danielle said...

sooo cool, Leslie!!! what a fun idea!

Nitasha said...

Gorgeous!!!

Jocelyn said...

I love this Leslie....the LO is stunning and I adore it!!!!

Jill Deiling said...

ooo what a fabulous idea, beautiful flowers i love them! :)

Kimberly said...

SoOOoooo COMPLETELY AMAZING! I absolutely Lahooooove what you did with these and the denim...so creative...so inspiring! I see this being a new trend girl! xoxo
Love ya,
K

Julie said...

Love the jean flowers! I wondered too where you would find a home for that layout! A shadowbox would look great too!

nbellish said...

love this Leslie... what a great idea!

Zarah said...

Great idea - and it looks fab!!

Becky said...

I so need to try some of this stuff...actually ANY of their stuff. I haven't ever tried it but you do such awesome stuff with their projects. Maybe some day I will get my hands on some and give it a whirl

Frances said...

I just love everything about this! The denim and that ginormous ribbon...totally fab!!

klasickewpie said...

Leslie, this is so pretty. I love the grayscale of picture and background with the touches of color you added in. Definitely worth the wait to see.

Sasha "sweet thang" Holloway said...

you just amaze me for real .. I hope to see you when I am in Dallas awaiting my flight .. LOL

Renee said...

Oh, Leslie, these are so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! ''Soooooooo creative!!

wadev said...

That is a gorgeous LO, Leslie. I'm off to tear up some denim now! ;)

Myia Shantrice said...

Fantastic idea Leslie! Love it, I love that ribbon you used also! Myia

Juliana said...

WOW! that's all I have to say!

scrappermimi said...

This is just gorgeous...I so need some of those shimmerz!

Debbie ♥ ♥ ♥ said...

Wow Miss Leslie, Your denim roses are da bomb!!!

Mary Patterson-Ezzell said...

simply amazing leslie!! wow, i am just totally blown away & now have some super new inspo to play around with too. yippee!! have a fab day girly & smiles! m-

Debby said...

I'm over from unKit and I'm loving your jeans flower. I have the shimmers and the jeans. I can't wait to make some in the morning. Thanks Leslie!