Friday, February 12, 2010

**Love, Love, Love**

happy LOVE weekend!














Let's celebrate.
This is my full reveal of
the February "The Girls Loft" kit.

First up is the project above.  I bought this old cream colored
frame at this FABULOUS little store "Bloom & BE Swanky" in Waco,
while on a visit to see our girl @ Baylor University. 
(p.s. ever in Waco? You MUST go to B&BS!!!!)
I've held on to it waiting
for the PERFECT project to come along.
When I opened and after rolling through my Girls Loft kit goodies...
I decided..."HEY! My little frame would look PERFECT!!" so
I painted it with Shimmerz Pearlz (teamed with Teresa Collins)
in Ballet Slipper (it's a PERFECT pink!!!), leaving some cream
coming through..I wanted it a bit shabby, yet chic!
I used the music note paper, the heart doilie,  (I LOVE doilies!!),
the ribbon, button, sticker letters and glitter (on chipboard letters
by Maya Road that were in my stash)
that came in The Girls Loft kit & whipped this "love" welcome
up so fast! I love it as a design for my scrappy space...it's small
and cute! 

Next up is my precious, PRECIOUS
boy....(photography by eight18photography):
I did lots here.  His picture just said..."stars".
So...that's where the stars come in.
When you get this kit (or any of your kits) that come
in a brown paper bag...don't throw away your
packaging..i might come in handy as an embellshment!
All the little things were in this cute brown paper bag
and I used it as backing for my chipboard star
 (Magistical Memories, from my stash)
(also used the star insides as my template for the musical
star behind my photo the little musical star is a Heidi Swap
chipboard star I covered with the musical paper -- from my stash),
then covered it in the
Pink Paislee glitter that came in the kit.
I love glitter...boy did I have it EVERYWHERE.
(and really..by everywhere, I mean everywhere. hmph.)
Here's a closeup of my stars:
aren't those tickets fun? I LOVE using them.

Up next us "Us".
a bit eclectic, a bit busy....
but so fun, so us.
love.
(pics from our trip to TN/NC this past Thanksgiving)
closeup:
aren't those black flowers the BEST? Oh my...I want a kazillion of those!
they are in the kit. Just wait..you'll die over them too!

And finally...
our girl (photography: eight18photography)
I'm a bit biased but....I'm in awe of her beauty!
I love her. 

I was SO INSPIRED watching a tutorial on how to make
"twisty flowers" I saw on ELLE's STUDIO blog by her DT
member, Samantha, I just had to try them myself.
(thank you Elle & Samantha for that great tutorial!)

I used the book paper that came in The Girls Loft kit
for all the flowers
(well minus the Prima's that came in the kit)
Mine's  tad shabbier, with Shimmerz of course!
Once I had it all made....
I sprayed it with the new Vibez in Rusty Bottom,
and let it dry. Next I painted the tips with
Pearlz in Grey Flannel, let it dry then sprinkled glue
and the glitter all around.  Even in the centers of the
baby roses.
Here's a closeup:

so fun to make...
for the centers and the roses  you see at the top, I can't take credit in
those...I've seen SEVERAL tutorials on these. The most recent being
on the Studio Calico blog (by DT member: Davinie)
LOVED those flowers. I did the same technique to them as above
with the twisty flowers. 
Thank you Davinie & Studio Calico for the inspiration!
Closeup:

love how they turned out!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog
and check out my projects!

now go enjoy your ♥ weekend,
love...
~me.

p.s. I got an email the other day about some things like
how I got my "start" in scrapping.
THAT made my day. 
I was wondering...
would any of you like to know that story?
(it's really boring, so I understand if you say no, not really, LOL)
Do any of you have any questions for me?
Please, don't hesitate to ask me....

xoxo!