Sunday, July 4, 2010

**God Bless The USA**

Happy Independence Day!
Happy July 4th!
God Bless America!

Since I was a wee one, I can remember my family celebrating this day...
flying flags...
wearing red, white & blue,
celebrating our Independence...
all because of:

freedom.
Freedom that all our military has fought for every day since way back when.
So I salute all of you.
I fly my flag for you.
I continue to wear my red, white & blue for you.
I celebrate you.
I pray for you. For your families
For our fallen heroes. For their families.
But most of all....
I thank you.
Happy Birthday America!
God Bless the U.S.A!
***************************************************

I thought I'd leave you today with a couple of layouts I did for my
local scrap store, Scrappers Boutique.
I got to play with the new Jilibean Soup paper...(New England Chowder)
and I LOVE the kraft..love love love it!
Here's what I did:






















(photo courtesy of eight18 photography)
closeup:


and:

closeup:

I loved making the corrugated letters look like metal...(using Shimmerz & paint)

I'm off to enjoy the rest of the day...
the kids are off today with friends of theirs
so it's just hubby & I with 16 little furry legs....
hello pool & backyard cookout... here I come!
(that is if the rain decides to stop)

Enjoy yours!
Make it sparkley....
xoxo,
me.

2 comments:

ellen s. said...

we did some sprinklers last night with the kiddos and it reminded me of growing up with big huge celebrations on the 4th. we are so lucky here!

i looove your layouts...that pp is awesome. and that big circle?! so cool

have a great day!

Charlene said...

Just LOVE your LO'S as always! :-) Have a great week!