Monday, August 16, 2010

*August, Kit Revealed & College bound...*

(**word and picture heavy...be warned...hee.)

It's that time again!
Time to reveal August's kit @ For The Luv of Art:
here's the rest of what I've done using the kit AND
the digital kits from Amy Teets & Janet Carr.
(They are some TALENTED digital girls I tell ya!)





















(SR. photo by:  eight 18 photography, 1 YR photo by:  glamourcraft photography)
hard to believe that little baby is entering her 2nd year of college. whoa.























and then this little card:























I love my new EK success border punch...it's
my FAVE right now...

well...

It's already more than 1/2 way thru August. Back in January I was thinking
how glad I was that August was so far away, that I still had SO much time
with my soon-to-be graduated boy, and my college freshman girl
(well on the weekends, anyway...)

But it's here now, wow!
The thing about August is it's the one month that makes you think...
this is the end of summer.
fall is right around the corner.
first pumpkins, then turkeys, and finally...christmas trees
**GASP**
whoa, slow down August!
let's take it one day at a time here...

this time tomorrow I'll be saying goodbye to my brand new
college freshman boy.






















as we drop him off at his university:  Hardin Simmons

(moving the girl to her apt. this weekend, man..what a week!)

::sigh::
Have a lovely week!
oh!
I have some more fun news to share soon...
kinda sorta excited. ;D

9 comments:

The Mize of Texas said...

Is he headed to Hardin-Simmons? That's my and my husband's alma mater!

JessiW said...

love your projects as always...and can't wait to hear your news!!
Love, Jess

Mel said...

OH Mama...my heart is aching for you. I know how hard saying goodbye must be.
LOve the new LO!

Andrea Amu said...

Aww, he's off to college now too! Where's he going?

I love every single thing about your kit projects! I was oogling them over at FTLOA, but I didn't see that sweet hip hip hooray card yet... HOW CUTE!

Well hang in there, mama bird... your babies will always find their way back to their nest! ((HUGS))!

Charlene said...

I just love your LO'S and that card is great!! I bet it's very bitter sweet for your son to leave....but it's terrific that he's going to college!

And my scrappy weakness is punches and I don;t have this one....Sigh!!!

amy said...

Love the layout....the Dear Lizzy is so cute!! Love your new punch...going to have to look for that one!!

Blossom inch said...

I love everything, the vibrant colour, the embellishments, the design everything. I wish I could borrow your creative hands for a few days...lol. Hugs, Yuz

mel said...

So much going on for you!! I wish them all the best.
Loving that EK punch too!! Awesome LO's and your daughter is a stunner!!
Come and say Hi
http://zingaszoo.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

GORGEOUS Creations! Getting caught up on your blogging makes me smile!
xoxo
Love ya,
K