Saturday, February 26, 2011

*still ticking...*

yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.
I've taken a big ol' lickin'....
but you know what?
I'm STILL tickin'....

just waiting for this round of meds to do their job,
it's the slowest process I think I've ever been through.
BUT...
I was able to finally able to sit and get a few things created, like this:































It's one I did for Glue Arts for Friday's blog post,
using the Little Yellow Bicycle
yummy Cupcake line....
to see directions on how I completed this layout and this card:






































visit the Glue Arts blog for complete directions, supplies & everything...
(oh speaking of Glue Arts...
don't forget about the DT call! check it out on the blog!)

here's a little update on me as of today:
--still feel yuck.
but not as yuck as 2 weeks ago when I was in the ER.
it's a different kind of yuck...it's like I can't place what it is I'm feeling.
awful, but not like my deathbed.
I have NO energy. NO strength. NO drive...
these steroids make me shake!
but....
like I've mentioned before...
I would NOT will this on anyone.
If anyone has to go through this? I choose it to be me.

I know I'm going through this for a reason,
and hopefully soon the reason is revealed.
we do know 2 things...I know that had I NOT gone to the ER 2 Saturday's ago...
  • I wouldn't have known about what's wrong with my gallbladder (until something major had happened)
  • they wouldn't have known I've been suffering from a hiatal hernia.
Wow...see, I really put myself out there.
Good thing I love to blog.
I love to be able to have an outlet to come to share my feelings...
afterall, that's what being real is all about.
I am real.
I'm being the real me and telling everyone who reads here what's been up with me.
It doesn't even matter that this one blog post has taken me almost 2 hours to post, right?
So anyways...
Off I go to take another breathing treatment, swallow my steroids & cough syrup...
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

I'll be back soon to share another layout I actually whipped up yesterday in 1 hour.
I'm serious...I couldn't believe it either.

Oh!!
Hold please...rewind.
...before I go.
Let me show you someone special to me:

I haven't introduced you yet to these precious piggies,
have I?













Someone truly speical to me was born January 26th
and I was able to go meet her
(right before I got SO sick...)
My beautiful, precious niece Taylor gave birth to her absolutely amazing baby girl...















She is Miss Presley Blake P..........
She is a dream come true for her mama, her daddy & for ALL of us.

Her mama is quite a miracle herself.
At 19 years old, she was diagnosed & treated
for cancer (Hodgkins Lymphoma) and was told due to her treatment
& severe side effects suffered from her treatment
(both chemo & radiation at the same time)
that she would  never be able to have children....

God had different plans...

I got to hold her:

(courtesy of my Droid phone)
and tell her that her Great Aunt Leslie will ALWAYS...
always have gum.
(channeling my inner Monica from Friends...hee hee)

AND..
today
is Miss P's 1 month birthday.

She sent this to me...


















(courtesy of her mama's iPhone...)
her..."happy 1 month to me!"




















isn't she precious?
she made me a great aunt! 
she makes me smile...
happy 1 month birthday princess!!

I was so thankful my older sister and I got to drive down to Houston, Tx.
to see her...to be with our oldest sister, our niece & family...it was nice.
That's the last time I've seen her!
The very next few days I came down with this crap I have now...

it's killing me she's here in town these next couple of days
and I don't even know if I get to hold her.

So...
now you see why my post today has taken me now over 2 hours.

I have to go take my meds & lie down now...
hugs everyone,
thanks again for all of your well wishes, your notes, thoughts & prayers.
please continue, if you have a sec....
thank you.
xo.

10 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Hi Leslie! I saw this beautiful layout and card over at Glue Arts the other day and fell in love. Even when you are miserably sick you make the most amazing creations! Congrats on your new great baby niece. She is so precious! Take care & rest!

Sheri Twing said...

Oh wow! I agree with curlyqmosaics! You're not feeling well and you still pump out these gorgeous layouts??? I want that to rub off on me! LOL I do hope you're feeling better soon and back to your old self. Your great niece is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hang in there! Been sick is the pits! But your LO and niece are beautiful!

Jennifer said...

wow! I sure hope you start to feel better soon! Your creations are amazing!! And your great niece is beautiful!

marilyn said...

Love your creations--fabulous, even when you are so sick! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Your niece is precious--such a miracle.

Kathleen said...

My gosh, what a rough time you're having! I hope your recovery is speedy and you feel better soon...congrats though on the birth of your beautiful great niece, she is precious, and your page is gorgeous also, love the ribbon and the layers :)

Renee said...

Leslie, your layout and card are so beautiful! Oh, speaking of beautiful, your precious niece is a little darling. Congrats!

Oh, please know the prayers are still coming for you, sweetie! Please take care! Sending you hugs, too!

:corinne: said...

So glad you're feeling better. My name is corinne and I've been following you for sometime. Glad you're getting better, cause wow that layout RAWKS! Meds to do you well haha. Okay sorry bad joke.well hoping you'll have a speedy recovery. Hang in there. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jocelyn said...

Hang in there sweetie..this has to pass soon!!! I truly believe that things happen for a reason...but man this is a tough one!!

Love the pics of the baby...She is just precious and the story of your niece is so moving!!!

Hugs, prayers and love being sent your way!!!

Gina Lideros said...

glad to hear that you are feeling better. What a sweet little baby!