Thursday, March 31, 2011

So Brand New, My Constants & an Update...

hi friends, happy almost tgif!
i'd post tomorrow but i'll be kinda out of it, so today's my tgif post.

just sharing a couple of layouts today...
a couple of American Crafts layouts, mixing old with new:
(literally in this layout):







our sweet baby girl, Presley's (my great niece) tiny toes!
at just a few hours old...


aren't those the cutest tootsies ever? I mean since my 2 were wee little anyway...♥

speaking of my 2..
here's another one I did mixing old American Crafts with new:


















my sweet SWEET fam...I'd be nothing without them.


















I wanted my focus to be directly to their precious faces, so I just kinda lifted
another one of my AC design team project layouts, but added more ribbon.

and speaking of American Crafts...
here's a little sneak of what's up on the blog today:



















a little mini album tutorial by me!


and for those of you following what's been going on with me, here's the latest:
  • back to my PCP for blood test results (called me in due to "out of whack" thyroid)
  • white count down to 8.3 (insert fist pump here...yesssssssss)
  • thyroid wanted to follow white count and be low too (insert sad face here..noooooo.)
  • discovered along with everything else, I have hypothyroidism and have to take meds to level me out
  • back in 2 months to see if medication's working
  • ordered a CT scan of my throat (due to "fist in throat" feeling)
and tomorrow is my surgery. bye bye gb...

that's about it, I expect to be down a couple of days re-couping..so if you don't see me,
you know right where I am.

have a good one,
until next time!

20 comments:

Laurie LaRiviere said...

I have had hypothyroidism for about 15 years, you'll feel so much better when you are on the meds, maybe the thyroid is what's causing your throat to feel like there's something in there? I remember feeling awful for months and going to several docs and finally one just said "lets check your thyroid" and that was it, took a while to find the right dosage of meds to level me out since I had gone so long without meds, but you will feel better once you start them. Good luck with everything, been thinking about you and LOVE your layouts!

beckyjune said...

Gorgeous work, Leslie. I am glad that they are finally figuring things out for you- I hope that the surgery and meds will do the trick.

Cassie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You know I am thinking good thoughts!! =)

curlyqmosaics said...

Such beautiful layouts! I really love that sweet baby one of your great niece! Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you...I pray for your quick recovery. :)

Lesley Langdon said...

Leslie - praying for a quick recovery and a thyroid that is under control. Beautiful layouts today and that sneak looks awesome.

Charlene said...

Oh Leslie big hugs and praying for a fast recovery!!

Gorgeous LO'S and mini!!! WOW stunning!

Holly* said...

caught your mini album tutorial on the AC blog! love it! lovely layouts as well!

Nancy W said...

Saying prayers for you sweet friend!! Get better so we can hang out next time I drive up!! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

Jennifer Yates said...

Hey Leslie...been thinking of you! Welcome to the thyroid club! I too have that and Synthroid will become your best friend! :)

Gorgeous work for AC and congrats on all the beautiful layouts in CREATE!!! You rock!

Take care and fast recovery!! :))

Renee said...

You are so sweet to be thinking of us, Leslie! You are very special to us, my friend. I will be thinking of you and I hoping that you have as easy a time of it as I did with you gb removal. Take care; we know it won't be long till you back in action again!

Hugs,

Renee

Renee said...

P.S. Your layouts and album sneak are fab! 'Way to go, Leslie xox!

irene moira said...

leslie, great LOs and minibook! have a blessed surgery & medication.. get well soon & take care yaaa :) so i can see more inspiring projects from you, soon!! :)

KateB said...

Leslie-we'll be thinking of you and sending big prayers...for those of us who are Synthroid addicts, you've heard all our stories privately LOL and it's true, after this and after your meds get regulated, you'll know right away when something's outta whack. By summer, you'll be a whole new you!! Thank GOD for the gift of modern medicine and technology!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Leslie!
Wishing you the best of luck on your surgery and keeping my fingers crossed that the medication will really help you. I had problems with my thyroid last year. Ended up having to have 2 biopsies, but for now, things seem to be ok. I know that's a little different than you, but I can relate, girl.
LOVE your AC layouts. And your mini looks fabulous. :)
Take care, sweetie!

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you best of luck on your surgery.....prayers continue to be sent your way!!!

You have been through it!!!

Love the LO's....as always you are such an inspiration to all of us!!!

Love ya girlie!!!

Casey Wright said...

These projects are super cute! Love it!

pattyo said...

Praying for a speedy recovery! I've had thyroid issues for years and had my thyroid removed four years ago. It's amazing what medication can do for you.

Tina said...

Love, Love, Love the layout! Sending prayers your way...

Buy Aion Account said...

You have wonderful works of art. The cards you've made are all so gorgeous.

Buy Aion Account

Gina Lideros said...

I hope the recovery is going okay, beautiful work as always.