Wednesday, September 14, 2011

*Being Real, Moving On & Sharing*













exactly.
and because of that...
it's time to do what I do best.
be me, be real & move on....

Since I'm being real...I'm sharing a layout that was VERY hard for me to do.

I was ready to do it though.
It was such therapy!

exactly 110 days ago, our hearts fell:


















who knew when I took that photo that 14 days later our hearts would be so broken.
who knew that a little puppy would come into our lives & we'd never be the same.
who knew...at 9 years old, our sweet boy would become so violently sick & succumb
to a disease that would take his life. who knew....

That tag on my layout pulls out to reveal some personal journaling:












then on the back of the layout, I told the story of how we all felt that day:


this layout was done for Little Black Dress using the September kit:  Authentic Beauty

thank you for letting me share my real day with you.


10 comments:

kimosabescraps said...

Sharing some tears as I glance at the picture. I have an unfinished layout of our Getty layout on the desk and I just need to do the journaling.. love the idea of the private tag... maybe it will help me get it complete...
Thanks for sharing this.. the layout is wonderful and that fur baby will be forever missed and watches over you from a better place across the rainbow bridge
Peace
Kim

Nancy W said...

Awe. Hugs, sweet page and wish my handwritting was a great as yours! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

leah said...

It's the only way to go, girl! ^_^

Love the page. Sorry about the puppy, for sure!

Julie Overby said...

It's so great and freeing when you can be true to yourself. What a fantastic layout! Very sorry for your loss. {{hugs}} Also, I saw that turquoise on pinterest and instantly fell in love with it as well. I adore the layout you created with it!

Wendy Hammer said...

<3 Beautiful lo, beautiful tribute from a beautiful girl!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

Leslie, I know exactly how you feel, we lost our sweet bunny yesterday to a stomach ailment and my heart is heavy, our pets are more than that, they are family and they hold a special place in our hearts. I think it's great you did a layout on your sweet pup, I am going to do one of my bunny Dakota, who left us way too soon.

Charlene said...

Awww what a special LO and so wonderful to imortalize your loved dog (Family :-) Wonderful word as always :-)

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

I do hope your doing this layout has helped relieve some of the pain...I still have not been able to scrap my loss of my fur baby.
Those fur babies sure wiggle into our hearts don't they?
Thanks for sharing
LOVE the beginning sentiment-how true

Nitasha said...

You have beautifully documented the story. Again, sorry for the loss of your sweet furbaby.

just lisa said...

Such a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. It makes me sad.