Wednesday, November 16, 2011

*Echo Park + May Arts Blog Hop*

hi everyone!
if you're stopping by during the Echo Park & May Arts blog hop...
you're in the RIGHT place!!

better late than never - as my mom has always told me...

I apologize for my post being so late
- our internet/phone/DSL has been knocked
out since Sunday evening due to an AT&T issue in our neighborhood!
my neighbors on each side of me, one across the street (weird, right)
and us...ALL out.

anyway...you have NO idea how happy I am to be back up and running!
Now let's get to the hop!



for my hop project, I worked with one of my favorites, For The Record


The colors are some of my favorites right now.
I love the rich reds, the blacks and mixed with the turquoise
and a bit of creams & greens...yum!

Heart Throb:


I hand cut my hearts a little bigger than I actually wanted, so I cut one
a little smaller & ended up using the leftover cut out as the frame for
my smaller heart at the bottom of my layout

the colors were PERFECT for the photo of my son I wanted to use.
I also incorporated 4 different May Arts Ribbons.
I am a sucker for ribbon. I'll use it for any project.
Be it boy, girl, whatever. I LOVE ribbon.

I also used the border with numbers & the ruler to sort of
define my son's SR. photo.
plus..he's one cute boy...I know, I'm biased.

Now what would you say if I told you that YOU too could win
your own collection of:


or whichever kit you'd like to have your sweet little hands on...
wouldn't that be FUN?
You sure can!
all you have to do is leave me a comment here
telling me your favorite release by
Echo Park...new, or previously released & which kit you'd like
to have in your sweetlittle hands!
I will choose by random on Friday & post right away.
Please also include your email address in your entry so I can get right back to you!

But wait!
Before you do...
please visit the May Arts blog for more inspiration and lots of ideas!

and here's EP Design Team blog hop in case my post threw you off any:
-Leslie Ashe (you are here)



hope you have a great day!!
I'll be back with more...I've been gone so long I have so much to tell you!

27 comments:

Danelle said...

You mean we have to chose JUST ONE??? haha!! I am telling you this is a hard decision to make but I have to say that For The Record comes out on top. I really love the hot air balloon and the colors in this kit. But that's what it always is that draws me to their product.. they find the 'in' thing and put just the right colors to it and end up with perfection! I love them all!! Your LO is another great one Leslie! Thanks for the inspiration!

Margie said...

Oh, no way I could just pick one favorite!! I love them all!! Top 2 would be Yours Truly and Times and Season, in that order!

Heather said...

I've never met an EP collection I didn't like, but my favorite would probably have to be Victoria Gardens!

Sandra said...

I think For the Record is the one for me although it is very difficult to choose as they are all so lovely.

Rebecca said...

They have so many kits I love, but For the Record is definitely up at the top of the list! Thanks for the chance!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! And worth the wait! I love polka dots and your layout has lots of them. :) I'm a fan of so many of your collections, but if you put me on the spot right now, I'll go with Little Girl.

Shel said...

That new winter line looks soo cool (literally and figuratively), but I think For the Record would be more versatile!! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

judean said...

hey lovely lady,
Fab layout--that turquoise and red-polka dot ribbon--YUMMO!! I love for the record, but I have been coveting Times & Seasons!

Amy Coose said...

Love the LO of your handsome boy! I'd love to win some EP, I'm dying to get my hands on the Times and Seasons collection.

Becky Handforth said...

I like for the record and times and seasons.

Jennifer said...

Of the new I'm loving the Times and Season ... of the past I love the Be Mine!

Thanks for the chance to win!

Donna said...

I love the Winter Park collection.

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Your layout is wonderful! Love all your details and how your colors look. I had thought that the "Life is Good" collection was at the top of my list but seeing how you used "For the Record", I've fallen for it. : ) Thanks for a chance to win.

crotheker at gmail dot com

KellyG said...

Love For the Record, but right now I want to get my hands on Time and Season, love the colors and mustaches! Awesome layout, love the heart details! So creative! Glad you are back online, how frustrating!!

Kerys said...

WOW! What a fantastic layout! I've looked at this collection loads but never thought about using it in this way! I think my favorite collections are 'little boy' and 'little girl' (sorry I just can't choose only one!) - they are so versatile and having both a son and a daughter I have used them both loads! You have inspired me so much I would love the "For the record" collection - one of the few collections I have avoided. Thank you so much for the inspiration and the chance to win!
kerysdotsharrockatmedotcom

The Mize of Texas said...

This collection is great. I also love their newer Christmas collection. Can't think of the name...

Laurie LaRiviere said...

love your layout, it's the worst when the internet is out, that happens to us alot...your son is adorable!! I also love For the Record, great colors like you said :)

janet said...

I agree, just one..oh, that is HARD. I would love to have the New Released Winter Park or Time and Season! Thanks for sharing once again!

Kim said...

I pretty much love every collection EP puts out. But I have to say I love the colors and patterns in For The Record.

Great project!!

brooke. said...

Victoria Garden for sure!

Nancy said...

I love them all..Echo Park papers are just really special! If I had to choose just one it would be Winter Park, I love the whimsy and the happy colors!

Linda said...

Love your layout and this collection. Thanks for the chance!

leah said...

Lovely, lovely. I adore how you rocked the heart off the top edge!

Kim H said...

Wonderful layout, love the colors, great ribbon details. My most wanted from Echo Park would be the Apothecary Emporium. I love Halloween, its my 2nd favorite after Christmas. Thank you for sharing and a chance to win.
kimba at richhook dot com

Jodi Releford said...

Love this layout Leslie! That turquoise is gorgeous. I have been coveting For the Record for some time and would love to have it in my hands.

Ange said...

Great lo! Love the hand cut hearts!!
Ok, for reals I can't pick a favorite. There is too many that I love!! But I so totally want to get my hands on Holly Jolly right now. LOVE it!

angeandjohn@yahoo.com