Thursday, March 1, 2012

*She's at the TOP of MY list*

hi friends.
thank you so much for the well wishes!
(and for liking my friendship layout!)

just a super quick update on me...
today I went to follow my ER visit up with my pulmonary doctor.
they didn't like that I was still "wheezing" and coughing.
SOOO more steroids (12 days worth, ew.) & cough medicine.
then continue the breathing treatments until I feel better.
whew...the end is drawing near - I see that well cloud in the horizon.

but - seriously, I'm tired of being sick & tired of talking about being sick
so let's get this blog post on the road & post more interesting stuff -
not sick stuff, ew.

Today I'm sharing an Echo Park expert post I did the other day...


















(I promise, I do NOT call myself an expert - that's the name for each one of our DT members.
I still will never ever say..."hi, I'm an expert." because...well, I'm just NOT.)

I do however, hope to inspire anyone that I can...
You can see the FULL post right here:  Echo Park Sketch Inspiration

My assignment was to come up with a sketch -
then create my layout from that sketch. I'll admit. I worked a tad backwards...
here's my sketch:


and here's a couple of close ups of my layout:
and the layout itself:





and here's one more fun thing I have been dying to post about:

(for my FIRST time ever. I had a project in the SB ETC. April mag!)
here's what you'll see:

my cute little tiny flower pot I made for American Crafts!
thank you Scrapbooks ETC...you made my day!

That's it for today!
Back soon. I'm off to put my feet up, breathe in my nebulizer and snooze a tad.
I've got a couple of American Crafts layouts to share with you, so I'll be right back!

8 comments:

:corinne: said...

Yep...saw it and loved it. You're one talented gal. :) Thanks for the inspiration...sorry you're sick again.

Kisha said...

Aww I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you are all better real soon. And I love your work!! You are an inspiration to me and I thank you for sharing. I think I'm going to take a try at your sketch too:)

Diana Waite said...

sorry your sick sending you positive healthy vibes! :) GREAT sketch and creations!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Your work is AMAZING!!! And a big congrats to you being published in Scrapbooks etc!!!

Jani Lewis said...

Amazing work. Love all the layers and patterns. Congrats on being published!

Julie Overby said...

Cute layout! Congrats on your first pub with SBect!! How exciting!

pattyo said...

Hope you are much better soon. Love the layout and that sweet watering can.

Ashley said...

Cute watering can project! How fun to be in SBEtc!
Love the layered scallops in the first project, too.