Tuesday, October 30, 2012

*American Crafts Goodness*

hey there! happy Tuesday!

stopping by today to share some American Crafts layouts for October with you:

first up we have my precious son who I miss so much!
(he's coming home for Thanksgiving break. I haven't seen him since
we moved him to Texas State College in August)

these are his SR. photo's that the fabulous photographer & sweet friend
Andie Smith (who's about to have a little boy of her own! Any day now!)
took. 
"Reach For The Stars"
 
would you believe every bit of this layout was made using scraps?
No really! Well, besides the letters, stickers and buttons of course.
I used up some of my very first Amy Tangerine release by AC  along with
some of my very favorite release - Chap. (::ahem AC - how about Chap 2?::)

The yellow paper already  had 3 punched stars. I decided to back it with black cardstock.
I must have used a strip of it  on another project (I can't even remember!) because it was
shorter than normal. I placed it on some AC yellow cardstock , added a strip
of the black chalkboard design paper, then that yellow sheet.

Once that was done, I put Shaypher's photo's on a piece of Amy Tangerine's sheets
from a daybook that I tore out. The round strip & the orange strip you see are also
from her daybook. I tore a few apart & had fun with the inserts. Sorry Amy!
 
The stars were acutally stars I used my Big Shot to cut stars out on. I decided to
trim around the stars, back a couple & plant them on my layout.

the strips are just strips I had cut at one time & kept them.
Which is weird, I hardly keep
scraps THAT small.
I left the border strip on the yellow paper (btw - ALWAYS check
your AC paper. They always ALWAYS have the cutest border strips!
Fun to use, that'sfor sure!) the blue arrow strip is also a border.

After adding a few buttons & letters - I called this one finished!
 
Next up we have my precious, gorgeous, fabulous, amazing, lovely, adorable
great niece, Presley. I love my Pres-Pres. She calls me "La-La" and has to either
Facetime or call me every day. What's funny is she's so CLEAR. 21 months old & sounds
like a kindergarten girl already. Whoa, slow down Presley!
her favorite thing to call & say the minute I answer is:
"HI La-La! Hi Lilly! Hi guys!" love her. man. She can say Leslie, "La-La" just stuck.
I'll take it. ::sigh:: ♥♥♥
 
Anyway - check her out: 
 "Hello Almost 2"
 


 
 
 
Just look at that face! How could you say no? Seriously!
I took these cute pics of her as we were heading out to the
pumpkin patch in Grapevine, Tx. We just left Chili's.
She was so proud of her little drink & boy did she look so GROWN
for like about 5 minutes!
Every bit of it. I added some Studio Calico
Mister Huey's in a few places.
I also added some of the new Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold.
YUM.
Super easy & super fun to create.
Last but certainly not least is my world.
A peek into my everyday:
"Welcome To My World":
 
 
 
this one was FUN to make!
I'm so into gray right now. I want it everywhere. I love creating with it.
Adding bright colors to it to make it pop - that's my FAVORITE!
 
I also used Dear Lizzy's 5th & Frolic here too.
I cut several of the polaroid's from a sheet of paper & added
little 2" prints I ordered from Postal Pix (taken with my iPhone.)
I love my life...♥
 
See ya'll tomorrow with some more AC - Happy Halloween!