Monday, October 29, 2012

*Oh HEY, Fall!! - Noel Mignon Style*

Happy Monday, friends!

how was your weekend? getting all your halloween costumes prepared?
got your house all decorated? ready for fall? yeah....not so much here at my house.

BUT I did my first fall layout using the pics I took of my sweet niece, Presley,
in the Pumpkin Patch we went to in Grapevine:
 
 
You can see my layout and the closer shots up on the Noel Mignon blog today!
 
I hope you enjoy this quick post - I'm off to finish some more fun creating!
 
have a great day!
 
one more thing before I go...
alan and I are slowly redoing our house & I first showed you our kitchen redo -
now we're on to the front bathroom
(it's a Jack & Jill bathroom that connects Savannah's room to the hallway right
in front of Shaypher's room. We're carrying the "french/country" theme throughout...
stopping in Savannah's room)
(**will post those when we tackle it and are finished)

Here's one wall of the bathroom. It's the main bathroom guests use
(and the kids - when they're here)


 
 
I put my Silhouette Cameo to good use!
I used the french version of "bathroom" for each
frame & made a  french like design for one of the frames.
I put them on kraft cardstock and Alan placed them on the wall.
I added that little fleur de lyse that I had in our family
bookcase. perfect touch I say!
 
My next project is my MOST favorite.

While out antiquing one day - Alan and I found these GREAT windows that
people have made into signs for rooms.
They said things like "Guest Bathroom", "Guest Bedroom", "Potty Place" - really?! LOL...
( I found one with a great saying I'm going to incorporate in a later project
for my bedroom! But back to the topic...)
 
those were priced anywhere from $75 - $200!
 
Mainly because they were vintage windows - but partly because, wow, the details!
hard work (just ask Alan after he put these letters up for me, LOL!)
So, on one of our last visits at a fabulous antique store near my house -
I scored not one, but 2 old vintage windows for $20!

I cut the words for "ladies & gentlemen bathroom" in french of course.
Alan placed them so carefully for me (while I was working on another project)
I have to say I'm in LOVE:
 
 
another shot of "salle de bain" (the bathroom)





















this used to be the UGLIEST picture ever. I don't even know what made me buy it
a while back, ha! Well it's been covered - I'm sparing you the ugly!
We took leftover toille fabric from our kitchen cabinets  & framed it. I love it!!


















looking in the bathroom - love my house!
 
(that tub area is going to be changed into a stand alone shower later on....)
 
have a great day!
 
oh and thank you for your sweet words on my new "venture".
I am quite excited!