Sunday, June 15, 2014

**Color Suite - June Guest 2014**

I just wanted to start out with this post saying how much I
admire, appreciate and ADORE each one of you.

How kind are you?! I mean, you have no idea how much
everything you said to me regarding my previous post deeply touched me.
Thank you. I know I'm doing the right thing for me. For my family.
For this time in my life. My heart is so full. thank you so so much.

Don't get excited...I'm just here to share a scrapbook page I did with you.
I didn't jump back in. I'm still taking my much needed break....but

Remember I told you I had one last assignment I wanted to show you soon..
now is that time.





















When my sweet friend Summer Fullerton asked me to be a part of the
Color Suite over at the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog - I have to admit, I
almost said no. I'm only being honest, I knew that I'd just given up scrapbooking
for teams and was just burnt out on the whole thing...

BUT something told me to say yes and boy am I glad I did!
I had the best time taking these colors (that totally SCREAM me) and playing
along - coming up with a creation I actually love. I was terrified, after not scrapping
for almost 2 months, I'd not be able to even adhere a piece of paper the right way.




















I actually really LOVED scrapping this page. Since the colors truly are so me,
my page is about me. Me and my departure from the scrapbooking industry.
I journaled a "little" on the front but told myself the entire story on the back.
In case I forgot why I'm stepping back.

Don't you think these colors just say happy summer day? I loved the pink, yellow, blue, green,
well all of it! SO much so I had to use every color.

Thank you again Summer and all of you at Scrapbook & Cards Today...
it was an honor to be here this month with you.
Don't forget to always check out Summer's Color Suite challenge every month!
Visit the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog for LOTS of beautiful ideas.

Supplies used: 
Cardstock:  American Crafts
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon – Travel Girl:  Room Key, Passport; October Afternoon – Night Light:  Charles; October Afternoon Modern Homemaker:  Partytime;
Crate Paper – Little Bo Peep:  Charlotte, Matilda, Hazel, Sophia
American Crafts:  Thickers – Éclair
Teresa Collins:  Something Wonderful Chipboard Elements,  Die Cut Elements, Sequins
Jillibean Soup:  Mini Alphabet – Sightseeing Stew
Heidi Swapp:  Ghost shape (heart), plastic word tabs
Panda Eight (Martha Bonneau) – flair
Jenni Bowlin Studio – buttons (pink)
Pen:  Marvy Le Pen – black

























so long for now my friends. I'll be back sometime soon, I am taking a much needed
blog break but hope to be back with wedding plans plus sharing my dream of photography.

I leave you with my favorite song from the 80's...(inspired by my Martha Bonneau
and her amazing Panda Eight flair....)




"Don't You (Forget About Me)"

Hey, hey, hey ,hey
Ohhh...

Won't you come see about me?
I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby

Tell me your troubles and doubts
Giving me everything inside and out and
Love's strange so real in the dark
Think of the tender things that we were working on

Slow change may pull us apart
When the light gets into your heart, baby

Don't You Forget About Me
Don't Don't Don't Don't
Don't You Forget About Me

Will you stand above me?
Look my way, never love me
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down

Will you recognise me?
Call my name or walk on by
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down, down

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Ohhhh.....

Don't you try to pretend
It's my feeling we'll win in the end
I won't harm you or touch your defenses
Vanity and security

Don't you forget about me
I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby
Going to take you apart
I'll put us back together at heart, baby

Don't You Forget About Me
Don't Don't Don't Don't
Don't You Forget About Me

As you walk on by
Will you call my name?
As you walk on by
Will you call my name?
When you walk away

Or will you walk away?
Will you walk on by?
Come on - call my name
Will you call my name?

I say:
La la la...








3 comments:

terri d said...

Sweet post, good luck and gods blessings in your next adventure Leslie. Look forward to watching you grow onto new things and the next phase of your families life. be well!

Kathy Skou said...

This is beautiful Leslie...I'm sad to see you stop (for now) scrapbooking, but I really am looking forward to see what you have in store for us! Enjoy!

zunaira mehar said...

You certainly deserve a round of applause for your post and more specifically, your blog in general. Very high quality material.
Cardsharing Server